Pop star Justin Bieber was reportedly booed by his fans at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards when he went on the stage to receive an award and gave a speech. Protesting against the booing, the singer said that he is an artist who should be taken seriously, reports thesun.co.uk. The 19-year-old competed with singers Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars to grab the Milestone Award, which recognises musical ...
Levi, who will be in the film "Thor: The Dark World," follows fellow "Churck" alum Yvonne Strahovski to make his Broadway debut. She made a strong impression in the Lincoln Center Theater revival of Clifford Odets' "Golden ...
reviewed last year , but there are less expensive options that could also be easier to install. That's where two-factor authentication services come into play. Years ago, vendors came out with hardware-based two-factor authentication: combining a password with a token that generates a one-time code. But toting around tokens means that they can get taken, and in a large enterprise, hard ...
You got your "Game of Thrones" fix last night – but now you have questions or comments about the show. Starting at 12 PM ET, Game of Thrones ...
Seattle Opera invites the public to celebrate composer Richard Wagner’s birthday (and get ready for the "Ring" cycle) with a singalong, a costume contest, cake and other fun on May 22, ...
28°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
"The Hurricane" is a well-intentioned true story of hope and justice that is well-acted enough to overcome its weaknesses. In particular, it is Denzel Washington's extraordinary performance as Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, a prizefighter who was unjustly convicted of murder in the mid-1960s, that keeps the film afloat. Even when forced to say lines like, "Hate put me in prison. Love's gonna bust me o ... ...
It's almost time for a new Xbox. Eight years have passed since Microsoft unveiled the Xbox 360, double the amount of time between the original Xbox debut in 2001 and its high-definition successor's launch in 2005. With the next-generation Xbox expected to be revealed Tuesday, anticipation for the entertainment console's latest evolution is running high. "People get excited ...
A group of Halifax musicians are fundraising for local guitar player Rick Edgett, who's dying of cancer. Edgett was a member of a Halifax band called Pepper Tree in the 1970s. The guitar player went on to work with a number of well-known musicians. "He recorded with a lot of local artists like Doug Mallory, Frank MacKay and Ken Tobias. He was a session musician with the Doobie ...
Angelina Jolie is set to celebrate the life of her late mother Marcheline Bertrand by portraying her onscreen in a planned biopic, according to U.K. reports. The Hollywood beauty is working on the project with her fiance Brad Pitt, who is said to be producing the film through his company Plan B next year, reports the Sunday Express. Details surrounding the movie are scarce, but it is likely to ...
Entertainer Rolf Harris has performed his first live show since his arrest over historical sexual assault claims, and thanked fans for their ongoing support. The artist and broadcaster addressed the crowd at the event in Bristol on Saturday. He said: "You've no idea what this means, for you all to turn up with such support and such enthusiasm." The 83- year-old Australian ...
Vampire Weekend Modern Vampires of the City "I’m not excited," worries VW frontman Ezra Koenig. "But should I be?" That’s up to him. But fans of the NYC indie-rockers have ample reason to be thrilled about their third release. While rooted in the perky, meticulous cleverness that typifies their sound, the Big Apple-themed disc ventures beyond that musical ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Singapore StarSingapore Star | National Singapore, Regional & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Singapore Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Singapore news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Singapore news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Singapore news, the weather forecast for Singapore you'll find it all in the Singapore Star.
From Johor Bahru to Singapore, the Singapore Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Japan showed all-round strength by sweeping aside Singapore 5-0 in their group match at the Sudirman Cup here Monday.
Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa made it 1-0 for Japan in the men's doubles by beating Chrisnanta Danny Bawa and Terry Zhao 21-7, 21-18.
World No.24 Gu Juan of Singapore was beaten by No.10 Minatsu Mitani at 21-10, 21-19 in women's singles while in men's singles, Derek Wong mounted some resistance against his opponent Takuma Ueda but Ueda prevailed 21-18, 13-21, 21-15.
In women's doubles event, Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka Takahashi enlarged their overall lead to 4-0 by overcoming Yao Lei and Shinta Mulia Sari 21-9, 21-15.
Hirokatsu Hashimoto and Miyuki Maeda ensured the 5-0 result, winning a close match against Chrisnanta Danny Bawa and Vanessa Neo 16-21, 21-12, 21-19 in mixed doubles.
Japan will play against Denmark Tuesday while Singapore lost the chance to reach the top eight going down to Denmark Sunday.
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- Malaysian Indian Congress leader denies quitting party post
- Malaysian Indian Congress to hold working committee meeting May 23
- Pos Malaysia reports RM50m Q4 profit
- Malacca CM Indonesian workers can work in Malacca and return home daily
- UAE Algeria discuss relations
- Financial Stocks Bank of America leads financials higher
- Risk inherent in property investment
- Qatar sets up $1b fund for investment in infrastructure
- Banks Stay Strong Google Looking Golden
- Sony Releases PS4 Teaser Trailer As It Battles Microsoft For Gamers Attention
- Russian roulette Luxembourg new offshore hotspot Cyprus abandoned
- Research and Markets UK Online Gambling Intelligence Report
- Kinbasha Gaming International Inc. Announces Introduction of Lower Denomination Slot Machines in Tokyo Metro Area
- Eilers Research Hires Wall Street Veteran to Cover Digital Interactive Gaming
- Research and Markets Asian Convenience Store Market Outlook 2015
- Asian Stocks Rise On Growth Optimism
- Li Keqiang makes India first stop on his foreign visit
- Hang Seng rallies 1.7pc to close
- Hong Kong shares close up 1.8 pct at highest since early February
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- McDonalds Kicks Off Summer With New McCafe Smoothie and Shake
- Healthient Launches Direct-to-Consumer Channel
- Heartland Payment Systems Introduces First Single-Point Food Safety Monitoring Solution for Restaurants
- Early Glance Beverages companies
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Microsoft calls for mandatory patent ownership data
- Wordpress founder says users are flocking from Tumblr following Yahoo buyout
- Yahoo chief Marissa Mayer promises not to screw up Tumblr
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Singapore Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Japan sinks Singapore at Sudirman Cup
- Indian jailed in Singapore for prostitution
- Singapore footballers and fans look forward to Atletico Madrid showcase
- Abdullah bin Zayed Singapores Foreign Minister discuss cooperation
- Video of Gangnam Style danced across the globe wins Ultimate ST SuperFan Contest