4G services, which provide mobile users with internet access up to 50 times faster than the current 3G network, will be launched in Shanghai next month when the China Mobile company begins large-scale trials. The fourth generation of mobile phone mobile communication technology standards orm 4G provides users with high-speed internet access on devices such as phones, data cards and MiFi ...
A senior US Senator has posted on Twitter that the country is not working on its foreign policies as of now, remembering that last time when the country had no foreign policies Hitler had started the World War II. Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa is known for his unusual Twitter feeds referring history, the Huffington Post reports. Grassley has warned that a modern-day Hitler invasion is ...
A leading senior religious clerics in Saudi Arabia has said that Saudi citizens using Twitter will risk damnation. Abdul Latif Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh's declaration comes as a move to attack the US-based microblogging service, the Huffington Post reports. According to the report, Saudi leaders fear that Twitter and other social media services are platforms for making the dissidents voice out ...
In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked. An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times' mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports. According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner may reportedly lose his place in the squad for the prestigious Ashes tour following his Twitter outburst. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Warner may now have to face a Cricket Australia code of behaviour hearing to explain why he should still be allowed on the upcoming Ashes series. Warner launched a blistering attack against two of the Australian ...
29°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 6 MPH
The computer-animated comedy Shrek is a delightfully irreverent fairy tale whose hero is the titular giant green ogre, a contented outcast with all kinds of disgusting personal hygiene habits. When the movie opens, we get to see Shrek's daily routine, which includes bathing in mud, making ca ... ...
Australian Test batsmen David Warner is likely to be charged with detrimental public comment for his Twitter outburst under Cricket Australia's (CA) code of conduct, delivering a setback to his leadership aspirations. Condemning Warner, CA's high-performance chief Pat Howard had confirmed that Warner will be disciplined after using the social networking site to launch a savage attack on cricket ...
SAN FRANCISCO -- Google says it's still figuring out the best ways to use Glass, but the company announced today that Facebook, Twitter and several other media firms have built their own applications for the futuristic-looking wearable computer. Facebook confirmed that its members can take pictures with Glass and post them to their Facebook timelines, with an app that allows them to ...
CHICAGO – Three Chicago teenagers are accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl and posting the attack on Facebook. Prosecutors say 15-year-old Kenneth Brown, Justin Applewhite and Scandale Fritz, both 16, attacked the girl at Fritz' home on Dec. 15. According to court records, Fritz took the girl to the basement of his home and assaulted her. Fritz allegedly brought Brown ...
Social Roulette mimicked the lethal game of Russian Roulette, in which players spin the cylinder of a revolver hoping to avoid the one loaded ...
's initial public offering, a retrospective might be in order. A year ago I was so skeptical of all the ballyhoo that I offered readers two rather more conventional stocks which I suggested had better stock appreciation prospects. I am pleased to ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Le Meridien Noumea, New Caledonia
This deluxe hotel is reputedly the finest in New Caledonia. The drive from Tontouta international airport is 45 minutes and ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Singapore StarSingapore Star | National Singapore, Regional & International News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Singapore Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Singapore news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Singapore news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Singapore news, the weather forecast for Singapore you'll find it all in the Singapore Star.
From Johor Bahru to Singapore, the Singapore Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Singapore court Friday sentenced a 45-year-old Indian-origin man to two years in jail for molesting a 13-year-old boy.
S. Subramaniam, a real estate agent, was found guilty of molesting the student at the former's flat at the Yishun area here Dec 23, 2011, the Straits Times reported.
The court heard that Subramaniam invited the boy and his 14-year-old cousin and committed the act.
The boy said that he tried to move away but failed to do so.
Deputy public prosecutor Norman Yew had sought a 24-month jail term for the convict as he was recalcitrant and showed no remorse for the crime.
- Four killed in freak car crash on MRR2
- Forest fire razes 40ha in Dungun
- EC mulls action against those who slandered it
- Unscheduled water disruption in Gombak and KL
- Palanivel Special team to focus on forest hill destruction
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times Twitter sites
- Boom time for Abu Dhabi and Dubai stock exchanges
- Namibia SSC Investment Fraud Trial Date Set
- Tshuva Gas exports worth $100b to Treasury
- Greece to sell Postbank Proton in July stress-test big banks
- Gambling group Coral to sell Gala Bingo before float
- Big Gambling is big cause of states budget problems
- A record Powerball jackpot isnt a record to celebrate
- Gaming consultant to report findings
- Gaming grooms teens for gambling
- Gold tarnished as Fed discusses end of easing
- Markets extend bullish run
- Zhengzhou exchange may delay thermal coal futures
- Lock-up shares worth 22.79 bln yuan eligible for trade
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
- Beer Man Watery body foils Buffalo Sweats greatness
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Beer keg chasing festival on tap for Edmonton’s Gallagher Park
- ‘The Run’ receives sponsored beverages
- Falling fuel and beer prices herald rare inflation drop
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Rate your AV receivers autosetup program
- A look back at NASAs planet-pinpointing space scope
- Colm Piercys Digiweb is now worth €120m-plus after Viatel merger deal
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Singapore Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Military Attack wins Singapore Airlines Cup to make it Hong Kongs night
- Military impresses in Singapore Cup
- Elderly citizens still a majority in pedestrian deaths
- Changi Airport steps up in the battle against stray wildlife
- Sunright tapioca balls found to have traces of unapproved additive says AVA